Transportation Request for 2023-2024 School Year
Oasis Charter Schools- Transportation Request Form 2023-2024
Our school system offers limited bus service for students who live in the City of Cape Coral. Routes, pick-up and drop-off times, and locations will be developed prior to the start of school. Parents will receive notification of their student’s bus assignment when it becomes available. Students can only be assigned to one bus stop within our system at the address listed in Focus.
Students must ride the bus at least 15 days per month to continue to have a seat or the student’s seat will be revoked due to high demand for student ridership.
The Form below will NOT work using a cell phone, please use a computer or tablet.
Transportation Request Form is now open. The Form will close at 5:00pm on June 23, 2023, to guarantee transportation for the first day of school. If you miss the deadline, transportation cannot be guaranteed for the first two weeks of school.
Transportation Request Form: https://forms.gle/W1kCikqXPVoxYuTx6
239-424-6100 Ext: 7417
Transportation Procedures 23-24
In order to provide a transparent bus assignment process, we are providing the following definitions and criteria to be used in the transportation assignment of students attending the City of Cape Coral Oasis Charter Schools. The parents and students will be notified of Oasis Charter Schools’ transportation procedures, thereby allowing them enough time to make appropriate arrangements for the upcoming school year.
All families must submit a new Transportation Request Form. Even students/families who are currently riding the bus must fill out and return the form. You must reapply for transportation for each upcoming school year.
- Based on projected enrollment, the number of buses/routes and available seats will be determined for each school.
- Students who need transportation will have to complete the Transportation Request Form (TRF) found on each school’s website. This applies to ALL students regardless of their transportation status in prior years. Students without transportation requests will not be considered for bus assignment. Incomplete TRFs will be returned to the school for completion.
- Transportation for students living 0-2 miles away from the school will be continued where possible based on walking conditions and direction of the bus routes. All bus stops are depot stops.
- For students living 2-5 miles from the school who request transportation, transportation will be assigned based on bus capacity and routing constraints. Depot bus stops will be provided to all students. There is no guarantee that transportation will be provided to students who live beyond the 4 mile radius of the school.
- In the event that multiple students have the same criteria, students will be prioritized based on the receipt date of their transportation application.
- Waitlists will be created once a bus has reached capacity. Seat assignment from a waitlist will be based on the priority given to a student and the receipt date of the application.
- Routes will be created based on the receipt of transportation requests according to the established due date.
- With the intention of maximizing the transportation for all requesting students, a single stop will be created for each student household based on primary address established by the parent and recorded in FOCUS.
- Parent/Guardians requests for students to ride a bus to the City of Cape Coral William H. Austin Youth Center must submit a written request to their assigned school principal and may be approved under the following condition:
- The request is for a permanent, everyday basis
- The parent/guardian understands that requests shall be granted on a space available basis and permission may be revoked.
- There will be no route changes or changes to routes in the first two weeks of school.
- Students enrolling new to a school mid-year are not guaranteed transportation.
Transportation Assignment Procedures
- Trans Letter.pdf (124.8 KBs)
- Transportation of Students with Shared Custody.pdf (115.7 KBs)